Tuesday, November 24, 2009

With many ados, a sonnet of review - an ode to my new shoes!

Pure Magic.
First I tried size 10 - a tad too small.
Next I tried 11 - a tad too big.
So I waited - six weeks - for size 10 1/2. A great fit - and it's worth it!

I am aligned, redesigned - it's as if my feet are wined and dined.
I navigate the dull, unforgiving, hardened, flat pavement of New York's concrete jungle, trudging my heavy daily burden, no valiance;
But I feel as on nature's ever-changing mountain slopes, perhaps a horizontal cliff with nuance, whimsical playing my balance.
With various soccer-injuries in ankles and knees,
My legs were telling me "Please, give us reprieves!" -
Now everything moves like freshly-greased, and I wheeze,
"Oh sheeze, it's the bee's knees!!" (that's not even a squeeze).
(If t'weren't advertising I'd tell you what they're called).

I gather, on the whole -
The secret's in the sole.

2 comments:

  1. Its not a crime
    to rhyme
    nice shoes
    must have cost a pretty time

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, they give a pretty time,
    and who ever insinuated it to be a crime?
    let's not get too silly,
    or the meaning goes willy-nilly

    ReplyDelete